CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ordinariness

In a life so often filled with ups and downs, highs and lows, valleys and mountaintops, there's something infinitely comforting about plain old ordinary days. And it's often amazing how truly wonderful ordinary can be. Lord, I am thankful for these brief, shining days that come in between the chaos. Today was one of those days. I slept for as long as I wanted, then went back to sleep and slept an hour more. I got up, and stayed in my pajamas for two whole hours while watching CSI with my sister. My big brother, Bobby, came over and watched tv with us, and then he helped me practice my self-defense. Sorry about hitting you, Bob, by the way. Next, Mom, Bobby and I went and ran some errands. We went to the bookstore, where I bought the book "Howl's Moving Castle," which I'm only ten pages into and I'm loving SO MUCH. Then we went to Target, and wandered around looking at legos, Barbies, and flavored milk. I picked up "Live Free or Die Hard," which I'm excited about. Then we got back into the car, sang random Pooh songs, and went and got ice cream. We came home, I made some cookies for tonight, watched more CSI, and then Bobby left as some friends that are girls came over. We talked about the problems of the world, i.e., guys and Crichton, and teased each other mercilessly. We ate junk food, examined Shelby's library, and then we watched half of Transformers before everybody had to go. And now I'm sitting upstairs, talking to you wonderful people. Nothing huge, nothing grand. Just plain and angst-free. And I am so thankful for it. Never call ordinary boring or dull-appreciate it, and remember how stressed out you get when a day isn't ordinary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh.....you are exactly right, Katie! No angst...just fun.
*happy sigh*

Steven Bowman said...

Sounds nice.
How I miss the days when I went over to people's houses just for fun. Life takes over though and is so ugly.

Thanks for posting such a sweet blog.

concernedSBCer said...

Bucklandfiddler: Life is life but you do have to control what you can. Use your time wisely, take time for fun.....especially coming to houses just to hang out.
:-)