CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

A List of Ghastly Proportions

So far, I've been shamefully lax in blogging during the month of November. I regret to say that I'm deep within the mire of Slough of Despair that is sophomore year, and I'm having trouble motivating myself to do anything. However, I'll be on my best behavior from now on. Nothing much has happened to comment on, so I'll be succinct. 1.) I cannot seem to attend a self-defense class without injuring myself. I go and give absolutely 100% at class, and by the next day I'm the walking wounded. This week, I was thrilled to learn something called the rear leg high kick-which has left me limping as I've pulled something in my knee. Joy. I hope I leave this class knowing how to kick some serious butt, or I'm going to be mad. Hi-ya! 2.) Tomorrow we have a meeting with the head of the Honors department to complain about Dr. Wiggles. I don't have any faith that anything will be accomplished-it's too late in the semester to do anything. Still, please pray that our voices will be heard, which I've no doubt they will. But also that our professor will act as wisely as he can. 3.) Tomorrow also begins a classmate's and mine attempt to keep our sanity despite the fun-sucking influence of Dr. Wiggles, an attempt in the form of what we've dubbed a Hat-off. We're each going to wear a different hat each day, just for the fun of it. I love hats, so it should be interesting. Too bad I don't still have my pink straw cowboy hat. THAT would have turned some heads. 4.) My brother, his girlfriend, my mom and I have just finished watching a good portion of Mr. Holland's Opus, which is undoubtedly one of the best movies ever made. I never realized how much it influenced me as a child, but my eyes were really opened. That's where I received a good share of my love for red hair, piano, clarinet, and protest songs. Don't ask, I'm an eclectic individual. Go out and watch it right now if you haven't. 5.) Tomorrow is Monday. Need I say more? 6.) Daylight Savings Time is perfectly marvelous in the fall. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to sleep an extra hour today. 7.) I got a wonderful idea for a story-we'll see if it pans out. I believe that's all the news in Katie's world now, so good night and good luck!

2 comments:

oc said...

OK Katie. You are eclectic. You like 'hats'. I have quite a few motorcylce "do-rags" you could wear. Are they close enough to be considered "hats"? They are "headwear" you know. But maybe you don't want to get that 'eclectic'.
I bet you would be cute it them though.

Just sayin'.
oc.

:)

oc said...

Oh no, I must be a real biker. Notice that I can't even spell 'motorcycle'? That's why we bikers always call them 'bikes'.

"Get your motor runnin',
head out on the highway..."

Just sayin'.
oc.