CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Myriad of Thanks

This evening I sat down to my computer, unsure of where else I could go. What else am I thankful for? I've done posts about my family, my friends, ordinariness, the imagination, and my dog. Yes, my friends, these things (along with religion) are the guiding lights of my life. What else could I possibly focus on? So I've decided to list out the things that are small, but that I'm still thankful for. I'm thankful for brisk cold winds that are crisp and refreshing. I'm thankful for the color purple (no, not the book). I'm thankful for being able to laugh with my sister. I'm thankful for music, in all of its forms except country and rap music. I'm thankful for the joy that playing the piano brings me. I'm thankful for homemade cherry pie. I'm thankful for church, and being able to learn of the Savior that I adore. I'm thankful for the promise of tomorrow, and knowing that there will always be hope. I'm thankful for having "V For Vendetta" back after its extended absence on Drew's shelves. I'm thankful for Star Trek. I'm thankful for school....mostly. I'm thankful for having a marvelous roof over my head, with more provisions than I need. I'm thankful for any meager writing ability that God has blessed me with. I'm thankful for being born into a Christian, Southern family. I'm thankful for Charlie Brown and Linus. I'm thankful for anime, especially "Howl's Moving Castle," the best movie ever made. I'm thankful for dancing. I'm thankful for TiVo, since we forgot CSI was on. I'm thankful for having green eyes. I'm thankful for having all of my Christmas presents bought and wrapped. I'm thankful for having the opportunity to go to Disney World this January. I'm thankful that I only have four more classes to get through with Dr. Wiggles. I'm thankful for Robin McKinley. And most of all, I'm thankful that God has allowed me to finally get past the dark night of my soul, and bring me a Thanksgiving when I'm capable of being thankful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, That's top on my "things to be thankful for" too. It is so good to have my "Katie Butterfly" back.

I am thankful that my daughter is also one of my very best friends....ever.

Bobby said...

How dare you! COUNTRY RULES, YANKEE!

(runs away, rubbing hands mischievously) Hee hee hee hee hee!

"I am joker, teaser, heckler, prankster! I am the tickle in the tummy, the humor in the moment! Mine is Smiles, and Fun, and Laughter! I AM PUCK!!"