CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hit Hard

So, apparently today was the day for hard hits of many different varieties. It all began with going to school...nothing exciting there, although I did enjoy the drive. I've discovered a new band, Vertical Horizon, and I really enjoyed listening to that, especially when I found a song that was absolutely perfect for a character I've been writing. For some reason, it really helps when I have music that defines a character. It helps me connect to them better, and is usually good for brain-storming. So that was nice. I came home, taught piano lessons, everything was fine. I got a new student, who was absolutely adorable. However, I decided to go with my mom to my old high school choir this evening to help her take pictures for the yearbook. It was fun to go back-my director waving happily and giving me a hug, getting to see some of my friends *waves at Rachel and Clarissa* and even getting to croak along with "Every Heart a Bethlehem." It's not Christmas until I've sung that. (I croaked because I have a cold, btw. Ahchoo!) I couldn't decide whether I felt really young or sooo old, though. I felt young just being back there again, like I'd never left. I felt really old, though, because of how young everyone else seemed. Still, it was an intriguing sensation, not totally unpleasant. Just interesting. Then, however, disaster struck. My beloved mother realized that her batteries were nearly dead. Rachel, bless her, had her camera on her but she'd left it back in the choir room. So I grabbed her hand and we started running like maniacs back to the choir room. We were laughing, having a grand time, when we were dumb and kept running down an incline. To say that we fell would be an understatement-I'm surprised there wasn't a crater where we landed. There were, however, skid marks. We both just lay there for a minute, stunned. Rachel had landed on her hip, and I'd hit my knee and head. Finally, we just started laughing at ourselves and then helped each other. Thankfully, that sort of thing has happened enough to me in my lifetime, i.e., I'm a klutz, so I try to make it funny. We managed to get the camera and take it back, and after much more drama which included having kids spelling their names for me because my brain wasn't functioning, we finally got the pictures made. Mom and I then left and picked up some dinner, and then we went back home to watch CSI. Tonight was important, you see. Tonight was Jorja Fox/Sara's last episode. Was I disappointed? Haha. Another understatement. I was FURIOUS! I would rather they had killed Sara off, rather than have her just leave like that. Grrr. And I missed Supernatural for that. Double grrr. In any case, I realize that this is all not really important in the grand scheme of things. I'll be happier by tomorrow, I promise. Goodnight!

0 comments: