CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 26, 2007

Count Your Blessings, Name Them One By One...

In an attempt to keep from boring you all with what a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day I've had, I'm going to list out what was good about my day. The list will be short, but it'll keep me from whining, right? First off, I got an A on a psychology test. The good feeling this brought me was further emphasized when I saw that the girl next to me had gotten a 78. After that, I suppose I should say it was a good thing that I didn't crash my car as I drove home in tears. The next good thing happened when my sister very, very, VERY kindly offered to bail me out of a first class, strawberry AND raspberry, good old fashioned jam. The next good thing was that the lesson I taught to my six year old student went very well-she seems to be actually getting it. Finally, my grandmother came over and presented me with a beautiful silver purse, just for the heck of it. A happy can always make things better. However, what with how terrible the rest of the 23 hours and 20 minutes of my day were, I'm definitely feeling a British curse day coming on. For those of you who don't know, British curse days hit me about once a month, in which I use foreign expletives because they don't really mean the same thing here, and people usually laugh rather than act all shocked and horrified when you use them. British curse days are wonderful stress relievers. In any case, perhaps that particular day will come tomorrow....here's hoping that all of your days were exponentially better than mine!

2 comments:

Bobby said...

Good show, going on about all the good things! I say, isn't it a fine thing, to thank God that the clouds have gone? Indeed, hear hear! ?!? Bloody Hell, the clock's gone stopped! Cheerio,pip pip! (grabs hat, coat, cane, trips, gets up, shuts coat in door, falls, gets up, open door, slam shut, run to class!)

firebirdsinger said...

Bobby, you always make me laugh. However, today ended up not being a British curse day...possibly delayed by the fact that I watched my favorite bits of "The Polar Express" as I ate my lunch. Still, it'll probably be soon. May God bless you for always making me smile.