CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

News Bulletin: Santa Afraid to Come On A Midnight Clear. We Might Shoot Him.

Ladies and gentleman, we have reached an all-new low in regards to Yuletide. Yes, I was just the horrified witness to a commercial, in which the item being sold was a singing, dancing turkey. I repeat, a singing......dancing......turkey. That's just sad.There's so much more to this than horrendous decorating. But of course, this new brilliant marketing scheme is not surprising in the way that the modern world has twisted Christmas from the holiest time of the year into a farse that only succeeds in selling money and causing hangovers. As dear Master Jenkins says, Santa is shown kneeling at Jesus' feet. That's the only reference to religion allowed, along with the insipid and insulting "Happy Holidays." Ugh. I could say so much more, but I'm watching CSI with my family. Have a holly, jolly, gobble Christmas.

2 comments:

Bobby said...

You know what really grinds my gears? The fact that it's not even Thanksgiving, yet, and everyone's going nuts about how Christmas is almost here! Gotta get stuff done! So many cards to send, so many things to plan, so many gifts to buy, so many trees to decorate! WAKE UP, WORLD! Well, ok, since this one's American, I should refrain from dumping on the globe for a US holiday. For crying out loud, people! Remember kindergarten, when you dressed up as pilgrims and Indians for the thing?! Of course, I doubt that would ever be allowed in public schools today. But still! The holiday was remembered, not glossed over as just a bigger-than-normal meal before we get to Christmas! More often than not, Thanksgiving is a hurried, harried affairwith so much done, we forget to say thanks until we get to the dinner table. Whatever happened to the idea of making stuff the day before so you could enjoy the whole day? Relax! Say thanks all day long! It's a holiday!...

Maybe I should ahve put this in my blog instead, but it just fit so well here! Sorry I used so much space, though. God bless!

concernedSBCer said...

Bobby, you are exactly right. I had to run into the mall yesterday and it's completely decked out for Christmas. I told NanNan, shouldn't we give thanks first before we start getting???

And by the way.....we need to watch "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" too!!!