CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Simple Things

Here are some things I found myself appreciating at some point today: 1. Sleeping without having to wake up to an alarm clock. 2. Wearing socks all day and then taking them off and climbing into bed. 3. Knowing that tomorrow is Friday. 4. Looking forward to going to the Corn Maize. 5. Being able to talk to an old friend. 6. Reading Jon's poem-that just rocked. 7. Knowing that God works in mysterious ways-the one day I was going to have to miss class due to my back, the professor was sick. While I'm sorry about Dr. Browning being sick, I'm very glad that I didn't have to miss a class. 8. Watching Transformers. 9. Hearing my young piano student telling me that she wished every day was a piano lesson day. 10. Waking up to my dog all snuggled up against me. Take a moment, and try to figure out what you appreciate.

4 comments:

concernedSBCer said...

Watching the rain without having to go out in it.

Having a delicious dinner together.

Looking into the eyes of a cute little white dog.

Having my family near.

(I'm only getting started!)

firebirdsinger said...

Sigh. Love all of those, myself.

oc said...

I appreciate that there are still those who appreciate the simple things. Those people are becoming more rare all the time. To be able to appreciate the simple things is to be grateful, and to be grateful is to acknowlege the grace of God in the simple things of life. And in my opinion, if one cannot discern God's grace in the simple things, there is no way that one can even begin to appreciate the magnitude of the grace provided by Him when His Son went willingly to the Cross.
Sometimes big things are also simple things. And the biggest thing He has done for us is also profoundly simple...
He simply loves.

Simply, John 3:16.

Halcyon said...

Sitting in the recliner in my living room on a cold day in November. To my left is the still and quiet house with no lights on. In my left hand is a good book. Before me, my feet are in the reclined position with a blanket over my legs and my dog asleep and snuggled in my lap. To my right is a small table with a lamp lit, and a window that shows a shower of multi-colored leaves dancing to the sleeping grass. In my right hand is a mug of Raspberry Hot Chocolate. Behind me, the Grandmother clock quietly ticks away...and all is right with the world.

(I miss those days. That dog is gone, the recliner has been replaced with a rocker, and we don't have Raspberry Hot Chocolate anymore...plus, I never get a real moment to just sit still, dad gum it!)