CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Eagles Are Coming!

So, that image of the hawk a few days ago wouldn't leave me be, and of course my cursed poetic mind has to toy with it. So here's the result of a few days of pondering-it's not very good, but oh well. I'm not thinking very creatively today-all of my creative juices have been sucked away by having to write in the APA format. Please, someone, tell me why a format that was developed by PSYCHOLOGISTS sound like it was written by a bunch of OCD people suffering from delusions of grandeur? Isn't it counter-productive to drive your psychology students crazy? But I digress. Here's the poem, don't tear it to shreds too much, please. Love to you all, and blessings!
Yesterday I saw a hawk
Flying, soaring up in the sky
Black feathers against clearest blue
For some reason it caught my eye

It held its wings out, straight and true
Never once flapping or fighting
It went where’re the wind sent it
The lord of the sky, submitting

At that I thought to myself,
“That’s how I should be in life
Allowing God to lead me, send me
Without giving Him any strife.”

With my face to the wind
I will soar and will fly
I will go wherever He wills,
Even when I don’t know why

I must give up my will
And allow him to guide me
If the Lord of Hosts sends,
I’m where I need to be.

Who am I to plead and argue
Against His divine plan?
I will go where He wills
With my face to the wind.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Great Job!
Tracie

Anonymous said...

I love it. The last stanza is perfect.
Mom

oc said...

oc says, in his eloquence....
Wow! It rocks!

gmommy said...

I want to soar with my face to the wind!!!!!!!!!

gmommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
oc said...

"With my face to the wind
I will soar and will fly
I will go wherever He wills,
Even when I don’t know why"


oc says:

"Even when I don't know why".
That's the part that 'rocked' me. And that is an important life lesson. It took me a long time into my adulthood to learn that lesson. But you have learned it while young. No doubt due to the Lord and a most godly parent. I know that you don't need to be reminded of this, but I will say it anyway...consider yourself blessed...in many ways.

Your friend,
oc.

oc said...

And you are a blessing also...
so thank you...

Just sayin'.
oc.