CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Happy endings and such.

I'm utterly fascinated with fairy tales and wonder stories. The thing about stories is that they all show that within every person is the possibility of great things. It's the hope of being special, of being magic and beyond ordinary. Fairy tales teach that inside that quiet village maid is a cunning lady more than a match for a wily dragon, or that mischievous boy is capable of commanding a nation. We were all created with God's intended purpose for our lives, and we are all capable of doing extraordinary things. You don't have to become President or be the next JK Rowling, though. They may be quiet things, like raising a family or writing poetry. Still, if you perform your purpose to the glory of God, then you will have become magic and the stuff of fairy tales. I don't want that much out of life; I want a home, a family, a husband. I want to write books and go to church and sing. Sure, I dream of dragons and wizards and going to Rivendell, but in the end, that's not really important. Having a home of my own would be far better than going to Hogwarts. Therefore, I invite you all to begin your own transformations into the wonderful people God truly intends you to be.

2 comments:

Halcyon said...

It's amazing how stories can speak to our lives; the world becomes magical again, and I believe that is important. The instant we lose the wonder of it all is the instant life becomes a drudgery, nothing but a fight for survival for survival's sake. I find myself praying that God keeps our eyes mythical and our days magical. This world needs more magic in a bad way.

firebirdsinger said...

I totally agree, Jon! I'm so glad that I'm not the only that things this way.