CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Big Bang in Action

Hello, all! I apologize for making y'all wait for this update. I just KNOW that you've all been salivating over your computer desks, wondering when I was going to write again! Seriously, I won't fool myself, but I do appreciate all of you for reading my aimless wonderings. Especial thanks go out to Bobby for explaining the HALO connection on my last post-props! In any case, the reason I haven't written in two days has been because my house has been overturned. I will now ask any science people *cough cough Shelby cough cough* to hold back their laughter for a few minutes as I explain the meaning of my title. From my limited understanding of science, the Big Bang theory is based on the idea that the universe was a small collection of various particles that somehow (magically, no doubt) burst out and exploded, creating the universe as we now know it. That metaphor is perfect for describing the past few days here. It all began with a simple purchase-I was able to buy a baby grand piano for $2500, which, for those of you who don't know, is a steal roughly comparable to Al Capone's greatest feats, or whoever that dude was that fell out of an airplane and disappeared after robbing a bank. My mother and sister (and my sister's boyfriend) were all thrilled that I had the opportunity to buy this said piano-until they realized that we really didn't have a place for it in the house. I suggested doing a small amount of rearranging to accommodate the piano. Yes, for those of you who have experience in these matters, I'm sure that you've already spotted the dilemma that lurks around the corner. You see, it simply CANNOT be that simple, especially in my household! My mother, seizing the opportunity, decided that of course, we simply must repaint both the dining room and the office/library/art studio, and rearrange everything. Thus, the example of the Big Bang-a simple purchase that exploded into a massive reorganization and redecoration. Growl. So the past two days of my life have been sucked into a gallon of yellow paint. The entire downstairs of my house was taken over, and eventually the three of us got frustrated enough to paint one of the rooms while Mom was gone, just so we could get finished. Mom was thrilled, of course, at this example of Triplet Power. Everything is done now, and if I may so say, it looks really nice. However, I did want a written record that NONE OF THIS WAS MY IDEA. I just wanted a new piano. And now fall break is over, and I have to return to school tomorrow and face down the horrors of Dr. Wiggles once again...I can barely stomach the idea. However, I think we only have something like six weeks left, so we're heading downhill. Just got to get through this last little bit without murdering Dr. Wiggles, which is going to require the prayers of all the saints combined (just kidding)to accomplish....Anyway, I wish you all very nice weeks, and I shall return to you tomorrow! Blessings!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, I do want it noted the while it's been a rough several days (and not yet over for me!!!) it does look very nice and will look very nice for years to come. So, that small time dedication will reap long term rewards,
:-)

Great life lesson, don't you think???

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hiya, Katie!

Pointing out the HALO connection was a pleasure. Trust me, I've been wanting to be a hero since I was VERY small, and first watched Sleeping Beauty.

Incidentally, the guy you're looking for that jumped out of a plane after robbing it and was never seen again was probably using an alias. He was listed on the records as D.B. Cooper. There actually was one of those, and authorities investigated him, but found out he was in prison at the time of the robbery...

...wow, I'm such a geek...

By the way! See Elizabeth! Great movie! Slightly less that historically accurate, but well worth the price of the ticket to see it!

God bless!
Bobby

oc said...

Would you like me to talk to Dr. Wiggles? I may have an offer he can't refuse...:)

firebirdsinger said...

YES, OC! That offer would be gratefully accepted by his students....