CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

On This Island

Will all the honorary citizens of Pseudo-Rivendell please come to order? Thank you. I've called you all here today for this town meeting because there are several items of business to which we must all attend to in a timely fashion. Because I am a modern monarch, I will share the decision process with you (with the clear understanding that I may not take your advice and just act as I please anyway. I knew you wouldn't mind...) so please listen carefully.

The first item on today's agenda has been offered by the queen mother, Lady Karen of the Many Chicken Dishes (she cooked tonight, yummm). Her Ladyship submitted the following missive:
The Queen-Mother wishes to announce that she would be most interested in a hut all her own on this peaceful island. Will yearly forays into the mysterious world of Disney be included?
Fear not, your ladyship. You will not receive a hut; instead, I have arranged for you to reside in Cinderella's castle. Your own personal helicopter is at your disposal to escourt you directly to the front of the line at the Tower of Terror as well. I hope that these gifts are satisfactory, and adequately portrays my desire to rise up and call you blessed.

The second item for us to attend to is a request from our most honored and beloved ally, Lord Bobby of Mock-Ithilien. He writes the following:
To Katie, Queen of Pseudo-Rivendell once again come fondest greetings from Bobby, Lord High Marshal of Mock-Ithilien. My dear friend, I cannot tell you how delighted I am to hear of your eager acceptance of my proposal! I am certain our people shall become well nigh indistinguishable from one another, given enough time! On that note, I would very much enjoy a visit to your fair Island. Would it be shameless of me to invite myself over, sometime? I promise to send advance notice of at LEAST two minutes, if not more! Yours truly, Lord Bobby
In reply, my most honored Lord, I must say that your presence is always eagerly awaited. You may come whenever you can avail yourself of the opportunity, and you are very welcome to bring your Lady as well.

Finally, I wish to remind all my citizens that comments on my rule are eagerly awaited (that means you, Jess and Jon and Shelby and the rest of you Crichton crowd. I want you to comment!) and it is easily accomplished. Merely push the blue comment button, and all will be arrange through my economical and highly efficent postal service.

Because there are no further business items to take care of, aside from a gentle reminder at my people giving me an appropriate title (Queen Katie sounding awfully chopped off), I will offer you all my very fondest wishes for your health and happinesses. You are dismissed! Go and enjoy this land of my imagination.
Sincerely Yours,
The Queen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh....I am ready to forsake the rest of Middle Earth and reside with the fair citizens of Pseudo-Rivendell forever. With my castle and an occasional (oh, okay....daily) ride on Tower of Terror, I can truly say I will be content to complete my life on her fair shores with those I love.

Thank you, Dear Queen of Contentment, for your hospitality.

Jessica Laura Washington said...

My dear sister,
I would love a cottage of my own that I may share with my dear future husband Nathan. If I could just have my grassy knoll next to the ocean, with my remembrances of my dear Ireland, I would be very content. Nathan would also need his Apple computer, *sigh* sadly he cannot live without it. My own personal library,(aka The Beauty and the Beast one) would be amazing. Oh and a bathtub. I NEED a bathtub...

What would you like to be addressed as, my Queen?