CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Are you there, God? It's me, Katie...

I need a hug, I think. Wuthering Heights left me really depressed......Heathcliff is the biggest jerk I think I've ever read about in my life. Still, I'm strangely fascinated by his character. How could a preacher's daughter who'd hardly ever left her house ever DREAM a character like Heathcliff? I don't even want to have a nightmare about a guy like Heathcliff, let alone write about him.

Still, life continues to have its small favors. I got a B on my finance class, which I'm really grateful for. I've had to swallow my pride and start visiting my professor for tutoring, which kind of stinks, but it's all for the cause, I suppose. My creative writing class went well today as well-I had my kids write a cinquain about an animal, and then we hot glued a bunch of rocks together to look like their animal. Their mothers were thrilled. I'm teaching them how to write descriptively and notice the things around them, and the moms get excited over a bunch of rocks. Go figure. At least they're happy.

As for me, I'm daily reminded by how thankful I am for the wonderful friends God has placed in my life. However, I do find myself wondering-spring is coming, right? Somehow, everything always seems so much happier and alive and new in the spring.

Love to all.
-Me

4 comments:

Jessica Laura Washington said...

SEE!!!! I told you there was nothing to worry about! :)

Bobby said...

Me too, me too!

Bobby said...

Hey Katie! Did you notice there's someone reading your blog in Ireland?!

Jessica Laura Washington said...

WHAT!?!? Where?!?!