CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so totally wigging out at the moment! I'll copy and paste my reasons for wigging out now: Peter Jackson, Oscar-winning director of the Lord of the Rings movies, has signed a deal to produce two films based on JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit.
The filmmaker had been in dispute with New Line Cinema over income generated by the first film in the Rings trilogy.
"I'm very pleased that we've been able to put our differences behind us," said Jackson. "We are delighted to continue our journey through Middle Earth."
A director for the films - prequels to the Rings movies - has yet to be named.
The two Hobbit films will be filmed simultaneously, with their release planned for 2010 and 2011.
'New chapter'
Sir Ian McKellen has already expressed an interest in reprising his role as the wizard Gandalf.
In a statement, Jackson said the agreement enabled his Wingnut Films company to "begin a new chapter with our old friends at New Line".
The three films in the Rings trilogy generated $3bn (£1.48bn) at the worldwide box office and won 17 Oscars.
New Line co-chairman Bob Shaye had previously said Jackson would never make The Hobbit "during my watch".
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get to go home! I've missed Middle Earth so much, and the idea that I can be there again is just....wow. I almost cried when I found this out. YAY!

2 comments:

Bobby said...

I'll meet you there! What say we meet in the Shire, then I can zip through and visit old friends in Lothlorien on the way down to Rohan before we finally come to my place in Ithilien? Sound good?

Bobby said...

I'll meet you there! What say we meet in Bree at Butterbur's, and we can zip through Rohan to see old friends of mine before we get to my place in Ithilien? Sound good?