CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Reverse Psychology

At eight o'clock this morning, my highly excitable sister burst into my room, scaring me to death and waking me up from a dream involving Angel. I was highly perturbed with her, until she screeched something like, "Look outside!" This kind of thing doesn't happen in this household unless there's a very good reason, and said very good reason is always one thing:


Snow. 

I yanked over my curtain, and low and behold, the snow was falling thickly. The flakes were absolutely enormous, and were no doubt of mint flavoring, hopefully with some dark chocolate thrown in there. I pulled up the window shade, snuggled back into my 800 thread count Egyptian cotton brown comforter (life is too short to sleep on a tarp, that's my philosophy) and proceeded to spend the next half hour watching it come down. 

I'd seen on the weather forecast yesterday that they were calling for flurries, but I didn't actually believe it was going to happen. I'm starting to think that God is a God of reverse psychology. Every other time the weather people have called for snow, I've prayed fervently, and nearly hourly, that said blizzard would come to pass. I go to sleep anxiously, and wake up and push back my curtains, only to be disappointed by brown barrenness. It would figure that the snow would come on the one time I didn't pray for it, didn't expect it, and wasn't eagerly awaiting its arrival! What's up with that? Maybe that same formula will work in other areas of my life. "Please, God, let me fail this test....I really want to fail this test...."

2 comments:

WanderingEowyn said...

Oh if only THAT worked. I'd pray for failed tests more often.


I just wish the snow we got would have stuck some.

Anonymous said...

Yay for real snow! Here, a friend announced it was snowing... after closely inspecting a large portion of the Great Outdoors I finally determined that there was, indeed, a small amount of frozen precipitation... somewhere on the order of one flake per 5 square metres, every 30 seconds or so. I was not impressed.

I might have to try that on my next algebra test. Only, what if God decided he wasn't going to let me exploit the system, and actually gave me what I prayed for? I'm not sure I quite have the nerve!