CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

Steven Urkel Has Nothing On Me....

I have got to be the biggest nerd on the planet. My new favorite activity? Yeah, it's watching Supernatural episodes while doing brain teaser puzzles on my bed. Yes, I shift around colored tiles while listening about ghosts for fun.

However, I did get an epiphany yesterday that may get me away from my brain teaser activities. I went outside to cut some daffodils, and got a sudden urge to revisit my childhood. I did, in fact, discover that the old adage is true: you never forget how to ride a bike. The tires being flat was a small deterrent, but I persevered and managed to wobble around the carport a few times. I used to really like riding my bike, and would do it for hours on end-until I grew too tall for kids' bikes, and the handlebars suddenly got really low. I couldn't balance with my weight shifted so low, and it hurt my back. I got tired of falling over and gave it up.

With this in mind, I got online and checked out bikes. I discovered that they make a certain kind now called "cruisers"...not to be confused with the diapers, please. These bikes have higher handlebars, and are just for going around the neighborhood. I found a nice Schwinn for a really good price, so I'm planning to take up cycling as my new hobby!

Well, this has been a nice break, but pattern twenty-three of my brain teaser book is calling-as is my finance homework, blast it. Who knew that bonds could be so irritating?

I wonder if my short story is too dramatic monologue-ish?

Blessings!
Love,
Me

1 comments:

Jessica Laura Washington said...

I just realized you need to send me your short story. hmmmm.....