CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Beautiful...

Many thanks to Jess for sending me these. Whenever I feel like I've expressed myself clearly, I find somebody else that has done it infinitely better. These gems are from T.S. Eliot: "Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want to escape from these things.""Poetry may make us from time to time a little more aware of the deeper, unnamed feelings which form the substratum of our being, to which we rarely penetrate; for our lives are mostly a constant evasion of ourselves."

3 comments:

Bobby said...

No WONDER I can't write poems worth beans! Thank you, Jess, and thank you Katie for posting that! God bless!

Jessica Laura Washington said...

Your welcome Katie!!!! I love you!!

Anonymous said...

I've read the essay that that's from! I'll let you read it, Katie. :o)
Shelby