CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Elizabeth Kubler-Ross Would Be So Proud....

What is it with counter-productivity in school assignments???? 


Are psychology tests supposed to drive you insane? Are you supposed to be driven to homicide over an assignment on Buddha? Is there any order at all in this world?

Yeah, I'm frustrated. Good call!

I swear, I practically have to go through the five stages of grief every time I take a psychology test. I'll even map it all out for you guys:

Step one: Denial. "The test won't be so bad. I don't need to worry about it much at all. Take me an hour to do, tops. I'm making A's already! Psh. Who needs it?

Step two: Anger. "What the heck are these questions? Why is this here? I just want to throw it out the window! I just want to throw something! There is no mention AT ALL of sexual guilt ANYWHERE in this freaking textbook, my notes, or the teacher's powerpoints! GAH!" (Author's Note: This is an actual example of me this evening....I kid you not.)

Step three: Bargaining. "Dear God: If you'll just let me get through this test, and get through it well, I promise not to buy any more dvds off of amazon just because they're only thirty cents each. I promise not to mix the red clothes in with the colored clothes in the washer, just because nobody will ever know. If you'll just get me out of this, I'll...I'll....do something holy! Please God, just get me an A! I need this one for grad school!"

Step four: Depression: "I just can't handle this anymore. I...I....WAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! *sobs* Does anybody have any chocolate?"

Step five: Acceptance. "I won't mind what I make...I'll be happy with whatever grade I get, because I know that I did my best....WHAT DO YOU MEAN I MISSED TWO QUESTIONS OUT OF SIXTY? THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT! I DEMAND A RETRIAL!"

Okay, so maybe I don't have the whole acceptance thing down yet....but I'll keep working. 

And I'll keep getting encouragement from those psychos in the psych department. 

0 comments: