CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Christmas, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

I want Christmas. 


Like, right now. 

This very minute. 

I love the lights that make the night cheery when you're on your way home from somewhere. The world somehow seems so much safer when there is the absence of darkness. I love how everyone is happy to see one another, and how we are reminded of the beauty and grace that is ours by God's mercy. I love seeing my family, and talking to my friends. I love to sing the old, familiar carols, and I love cuddling up before a fire with a book and hot chocolate. I love making Christmas cookies, and not having to go to school, and hoping for snow. I love snuggling up in bed on a cold morning under about three thick blankets, and making up a story without anything to rush me. I love being able to clean things to within an inch of their lives, and making things comfortable for my family. I love hearing the Christmas story, and thinking about Mary. It seems like I can never understand Mary enough--new aspects to her story are always popping up in front of me. I love just about everything about Christmas. It's such a beautiful time of year.

Presents aren't so bad, either....

KIDDING!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was working today to see how many days I could take off and still pay the bills.....

Gingerbread Houses....]
It's a Wonderful Life
Alistair Sims in A Christmas Carol

safe and warm all together...

Ahhh...a little bit of Heaven right here on earth. :)

WanderingEowyn said...

Uh chea! Christmas is the bestests! always! Can't WAIT!