CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Wonderful, Wonderful Day

So, today was just one of those normal, glorious days that makes the rest of life worth it. Nothing terribly special happened, yet that just made the normalcy of it all the more precious. I slept as late as I wanted this morning, then got up, did some housework, and got ready for church. I met Julianne (my soul mate-I swear, we're so much alike it's scary) at Starbucks, and we talked for a while before we left to go to college group at this church I've been visiting some. The service was all right-I agree most of the time with the leader, if not with the actions of some of the other people in the service. Why do people have to wave around and act so....weird? I know it's all about worship preferences, but it just seems like a way of getting attention to me. In any case, the sermon was good. It was talking about Pentecost, which is never an easy subject to speak on. After church, Julianne took me back to my car, and I drove home, stopping briefly at Wendy's to get a frosty for Mom. (She's been sick all week, prayers would be nice.) After putting on jeans and a hoody, which was absolutely marvelous, I went downstairs. Pretty soon, Julianne and Rachel came over. We talked, ate entirely too much food, and watched two movies as well as the end of "Pride and Prejudice." It was SO much fun. Mom made us a fabulous dinner, and we talked for at least an hour. God has been so good about bringing wonderful friends into my life, and I never cease to be grateful for them. Kind of a lazy day, but very much appreciated after how hectic last week was with getting home from Florida and starting school. I hope all of your days was just as enjoyable as my own. Blessings! Love, Me.

1 comments:

Bobby said...

Simple days are better, ain't they? Sorry I've been so long away, but I'm back, now. See you later today!