CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 18, 2008

Simplicity

For those of you who know me, I have two great philosophies in life that I live by. They are as follows: Life has enough angst without adding more to it. I am extravagant in only two things on earth: bedsheets and jewelry. After careful reflection and conversation with others, I've decided to add yet another philosophy: Simplicity in all things. Even the saying is simple. Why add a lot of fuss and bother to things that don't need fuss and bother? I decided to put this philosophy in motion while we were in Florida. MGM had a humongous light show, something like three billion lights that took the power from three other states to run them. I was walking down this crowded lane with all these lights shining garishly and almost abominably, and I kept thinking, "Why bother? This is too much, this is the kind of stuff that can cause seizures. A few simple white lights and garlands would have been exponentially prettier and undeniably far more elegant. However, there is one sight that doesn't require any work on our part. Want to see lights of incomparable beauty? Just go outside one dark night and look at the stars. It always leaves me feeling at peace with my world, for it reminds me that I am apart of only one small piece of time.

1 comments:

oc said...

Amen, my sister in Christ. Simplicity. Complication is just consternation. It is a screen which obscures life. Break away, and then we see. Free from the world, free to live Christ.

Just sayin'.
oc.