CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dream Dance

One, two, three. Dance with me.

You know what I dream of

You know where my heart flies

In the black of the night

I will dream of the dance.

I close my eyes tightly

I can see my dream now, very clear.

In the arms of my love,

I will soar. I’ll be free.

An unseen specter in my own dream,

I watch with raw yearning

As the dream form of me

Tilts back her head as she twirls

In reckless abandon,

She laughs.

One, two, three.

The waltz is calling me.

One, two, three.

In the dream, I always

Know what comes.

And in the dream I will find security.

Where to step, how to fly:

All this is known now.

Secure in his sure grasp,

I can feel everything.

I know joy. I know love.

 

 

My eyes have opened now.

The dream is just a dream.

Where to step is in doubt,

But I throw back my head

And trust in my partner.

I will laugh.

One, two, three. Step with Him.

The future is unknown.

But despite all of this,

I know that He leads me.

He knows all of the steps in this dance.

Until my future comes,

Until I know who is

Meant to be the partner of my life,

And even after that,

God will guide. I won’t fall.

One, two, three. One, two, three.

Outside the joy, the dream,

I still dance. I still fly.

I know that life is a dance.

Dancers are ne’er alone.

One, two, three. Be with me.

You know what I dream of.

One, two, three. You will lead.

And the dream will be real.

Let me fly. I am free.

Only be with me now,

And for all eternity.

 

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Katie. Can't wait until you are published!!! :)