CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

One

One.
Such a lonely, lonely word.
Am I strong enough?
Am I brave enough?
Can I bear up under that number?
One.
All my life, it’s been
We
Us
Them
It’s been three against the world.
Us against Them.
One…one…
What happens when the time is up?
What happens when the three
Become two
And two
And one?
It’s scary…and lonely…
I know I can do it
I know that I can be one
And make it through.
But I don’t want to.
One.
I’m happy for the two and two
I rejoice with them
But I just don’t want to be
One.
Such a lonely, lonely word.
It’s just the beginning…
Someday,
The three will be parted forever.
This is just the beginning.
What will the years hold?
Oh, God, don’t let me be the only one!
Am I brave enough?
Am I strong enough?
Yes.
But I still don’t want to be
One.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will never be just one. You three will always be three. Your relationship is so strong, so committed......you will always be a part of three.

You will have the best of both worlds. You will always have them and you will always be you.

Love,
Mom