CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Little Prayer....

Dear God,

I realize that You really do have a rather ironic sense of humor. I love the fact that You do...I would never be able to reconcile my personality with Your commands if I didn't know that You saw the humor in things, too....hey, you CREATED humor, after all!

But God...please, if it be Thy will....PLEASE do not use Your sense of humor in the way that everyone keeps hinting at me You will, namely, that I'm going to fall in love with a jock one day. More than one person has said it, and it's freaking me out.

We're told to boldly approach the throne of God....

*clears throat*

PLEASE DON'T INFLICT THAT HORROR ON ME! I'll gladly pull out the sackcloth and ashes, if You'd like me to. I'm not above begging. I remember thinking when I was a kid that if I said "please" enough, You would eventually get sick of me and give me what I wanted. I won't stoop to that in this instance. Yet.

Your most faithful (and most snivelling) of handmaidens,
Katie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Katie,
I definitely didn't mean to upset you. Think of your future mate as perhaps a (ahem) "jock for God". Maybe he'll be so on fire for Jesus that he will go after it with all his heart, all his soul and with all his mind....sound like a do-able???

Anonymous said...

LOL...Katie girl.....when it's "him", it'll be okay. :)

WanderingEowyn said...

*giggle-snort* Just so you know not all "jocks" are stupid is as stupid does.

I'm almost certain that if you fall in love with a jock, he'll be a smart jock.

I mean look at me, i'm cool with a bit of nerd, and I have a nerd who is a bit cool. See? it works out!