CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Ownership

I can see it all around me
The magic.
I can see it, taste it, hear it
But I can never feel it.
It is never my own.
Why is it that I can see what so many people cannot,
Yet I am never owned by it?

Those who ignore it, those who undervalue the magic
They always find it.
They don’t know to what they owe their happiness.
Yet I, who have always appreciated it,
Yes, loved it,
I can never seem to catch it.
It slips away from me continually in an unending chase.
I’m tired, deeply.

Oh, I yearn to know how many times I must surrender.
How many times must I look for a reason,
When none exists?
How long am I going to be in the refiner’s fire,
But never know the glory of the flame?
When will I be removed from the furnace
And be seen as a sparkling jewel?

I don’t ask for much, only for a reassurance of the end result.

When will the magic possess me?
When will I be able to look at it?
Hear it.
Taste it.
Touch it.
And feel it?

I can see it all around me
The magic.
Yet I am never owned by it.
I, who have always known it as a friend,
Would welcome it, cherish it.
People ignore it all the time.

I would not.

When will my time come?

2 comments:

Karen said...

“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”- Romans 12:12

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD." Ps 31:23-24

24 "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." Romans 8

Karen said...

John 14:27 says: "Peace I give you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

Philipians 4:7 says: "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."