CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

You've Got Katie Quotes!

I sometimes wonder if I've spent too much time reading and watching movies. Whenever I find a character I admire, I usually try to start exhibiting some trait of that person. Today, I feel like I'm living inside of "You've Got Mail." It's a wonderful story, and I've always identified strongly with Kathleen. She's a passionate person, who believes strongly in the books that she loves. Every once in a while, she'll say something that makes me believe that she's reading my mind. Two quotes from the movie are standing out in my head at the moment. To explain, I should probably start out by saying that yes, Katie is not feeling well today. Yes, she's been a little irritable. Yes, she's had a few personal things that have been wearing on her. Thankfully, I just had a good talk with Alyce in which I had a minor epiphany, so hopefully things should be a little better. But in any case, Katie's mind was not in the right place about an hour ago. Mom was bugging me about doing something I ROYALLY didn't want to do. I could see the sense of what she was saying, and it truly wasn't that big a deal. Still, Katie was annoyed that she wasn't getting her way. I got a little huffy, and Evan tried to calm me down by saying my name in a patronizing "you're being stupid" tone. Of course, my blood started to boil. Nothing makes me madder than somebody else pointing out how childish I'm being. God blessed or cursed me with instant remorse. If people will just let me vent for a minute, two seconds later I'm realizing how stupid I'm being and I start apologizing all over myself. Just let me be, and I'll snap out of it. Promise. Joe says something to that effect in "You've Got Mail": "Have you ever become the worst version of yourself? That a pandora's box of all the hateful things, your spite, your arrogance, your condecension has sprung open? Someone upsets you and instead of smiling and walking away... you zing them. "Hello it's Mr Nasty". I'm sure you have no idea what I'm talking about... Although I must warn you... when you eventually have the pleasure of saying the thing you want to say at the moment you’re wanting to say it... remorse inevitably follows... " Well, thank you, Joe, for saying what was exactly on my mind. I behaved badly, and now I'm in the remorse stage. My apologies to all involved. Something else was bothering me, but I think I'm okay now, so you're safe to come out of your hiding places! It won't happen again! At least any time soon....The other "You've Got Mail" quote to follow this evening. It needs a post all its own. Love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie...it happens to the best of us. I'm sorry I annoyed you...but I was right! ;)

Bobby said...

Whoo. Been there, done that, don't want to go there again. I know where you're coming from, KitKat. Glad to see you got through it so fast! Love you lots!